How to complain if you feel something isn't right

We want to give you the best possible service. However, if at any point you become unhappy or concerned about the service we have provided then you should inform us immediately, so that we can do our best to resolve the problem.

In the first instance it may be helpful to contact the person who is working on your case to discuss your concerns and we will do our best to resolve any issues.

If you would like to make a formal complaint, then please read our complaints procedure below.

BOYCE & CO, Criminal and Motoring Solicitors - COMPLAINTS HANDLING PROCEDURE 

We take all complaints seriously. Our future depends on the good name of the firm. All complaints of whatever nature are brought to the attention of the Principal - Ed Boyce.

You are encouraged to speak to whoever dealt with your case in the first instance to see if any issues can be sorted out. If that is not possible, please contact Ed Boyce by letter, telephone or email, or make an appointment to see him.

Ed will look into any complaint and respond to it as quickly as possible. We hope to have discussed any complaint with you
and have resolved how to deal with it within 8 weeks at the latest.

If we are unable to resolve any complaint, then you have the right to complaint to the Legal Ombudsman at:

Legal Ombudsman
PO Box 15870
B30 9EB
Tel: 03005550333


Making a complaint will not affect how we handle your case.

What to do if we cannot resolve your complaint

What to do if we cannot resolve your complaint: -

The Legal Ombudsman can help you if we are unable to resolve your complaint ourselves. They will look at your complaint independently and it will not affect how we handle your case.

Before accepting a complaint for investigation, the Legal Ombudsman will check that you have tried to resolve your complaint with us first. If you have, then you must take your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman:

•   Within six months of receiving a final response to your complaint


•   No more than six years from the date of act/omission; or

•   No more than three years from when you should reasonably have known there was cause for complaint.

If you would like more information about the Legal Ombudsman, please contact them.

Contact details
Call: 0300 555 0333 between 9.00 to 17.00.
Write to: Legal Ombudsman PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ

Boyce & Co Criminal & Motoring Solicitors are authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority - number 156382.       Contracted with the Legal Aid Agency
Boyce & Co Criminal and Motoring Solicitors, Bede's House, Park Street, Taunton, Somerset TA1 4DG, UK       Tel: 01823 210670       email: